Our Year-Long Activities
- Fundraising (to make it all happen)
- Popcorn Executing
- Refreshments & Baking for Back to School Night & Conferences
- Reading Incentive Planning & Giveaway
- Read Across America Week Planning & Giveaway
- Spirit Month Activity Planning & Giveaway
- PARCC Student Giveaway
- Color Wars Giveaway
- Teacher Appreciation – Welcome Back
- Teacher Appreciation – Holiday
- Teacher Appreciation – Week
- Shows/Assemblies Planning & Purchasing
- Book Fairs Planning & Executing
- Holiday Shoppe Planning & Executing
- Box Tops Collecting & Submitting
- Membership Drive & Inputting into NJ PTA Database
- Fun Day Planning & Executing
- 5th Grade Events Planning & Executing
Like us on Facebook
We are so excited to be starting the school year with you and your children! There are so many new and exciting experiences at the beginning of the school year, and we can’t wait to share them with you! If you would like to get involved in making the students’ time in the Elementary School happy and exciting, please register to become a PTA member. The more hands we have, the greater a difference we can make.
South River Elementary School PTA
Color Wars… Start the year off BRIGHT
One of the PTA’s biggest events that runs all year long is Color Wars.
The PTA is hoping to encourage a sense of community and camaraderie within the grades by assigning each grade a color for the year. This team color will be used in various events throughout each marking period. A final end of the year winner will be announced and celebrated at Fun Day.
Get ready for our Color War Kickoff, Spirit Day, on September 21st! The students can wear their color and proudly represent their grade. The color with the highest percentage of participation will receive 10 points for their team. Points will be tracked in the main hallway where the students can keep an eye on their team’s total score. There will be an opportunity to win points for almost everything the students are asked to participate in throughout the year.
Class Colors are:
Preschool – Yellow
3rd Grade – Red
4th Grade – Blue
5th Grade – Green
Want to help out? Have an idea? Join us at a PTA meeting!
Meetings are held on specific Thursday’s of each month at 5:30pm at the SRES Library.
NOTE: If you are coming to help out, please make sure to sign in at the Main Office and leave your ID.
SRES PTA Board:
President: Donna Kokinos
1st VP: Joanne Olival
2nd VP: Rose Soares
Treasurer: Michelle Widman
Secretary: Elizabeth Lell Questions – Click Here